Click it here!

Monday, September 17, 2018

17-09-2018 Bong & His Second Trip to Goteborg (I even tried the ferry this time!)

Our last day at Gothenburg,
we took the tram from Järntorget to my next hotel...
This tram number 6 goes through another side of
Gothenburg that we did not explore by foot.
Most interesting part is,
it also drives through a tunnel,
just like the one we just experienced in Bratislava!
The hotel I stayed for 2 nights
for my 'business trip'
is this Hotel Liseberg Heden. 
Nice room and fantastic facilities,
but when I was there,
it was warm summer temperature
and the room only has a table fan!
We rested a bit,
then strolled our way slowly to the city center...
We passed by Heden,
like an outdoor sport field place,
and came to Trädgårdsföreningen...
This botanical garden is really
one of the most beautiful ones...
So beautiful until...
some tourists just had to leave their bags here
and had a visit!
The weather was just amazing..
So it was so many people at the cafe there.
We didn't want to join the queue
so we went to this Zaffran Persian restaurant for our lunch.
After the lunch,
we continued the walk...
and last sight-seeing stop
was of course this shopping mall, 
Nordstan,
which is right beside the bus terminal. 
We had a nice afternoon tea for 67 SEK.
Optional pastry and coffee at this 
Festival Cafe & Konditori.
It was Arne's birthday that day,
so he got a small cake!
After that,
we bid farewell....
and I had to have KFC dinner
alone!
KFC is in fact pretty new in Sweden.
The first one was i Malmo,
opened in 2015!
It wasn't so much to do
or explore in Gothenburg when I was alone.
I woke up looking at this nice backyard,
and had my very heavy buffet breakfast....
then went kinda early to meet the people
I was supposed to meet at Chalmers!
Chalmers is located at another side of Gothenburg,
Lindholmen...
Because the weather was so nice,
so it was a lot of people having their lunch under the warm sun!

After my work that day ended,
I took the tram back.
And in the tram 
I encountered this interesting string thingy...
which I supposed is the bell or signal for stopping at the next stop.
My dinner 
was at this Malaysia Sate Restaurang...
and of course I had to order something
very local and authentic!
The taste was good but
I was surprised that they used salmon
for this asam gulai fish!
The last day at Gothenburg,
from Lindholmen I chose to use another mode of transport,
the ferry!
It was a very nice experience
with nice view over
the land...
and from there,
it is easy to take tram to central station!

That's all for our and my trip to Gothenburg this year!
XOXO
-Bong-

No comments:

Post a Comment