Click it here!

Monday, October 8, 2018

08-10-2018 Bong & His First Time in Austria (More sight-seeing & Gala dinner)

From the main street,
I passed by the beautiful Ursulinenkirche...
then turned into Bischofstraße street,
which has a lot of artistic things to offer....
From painting
to glass, porcelain decorations...
and not to forget,
fresh flowers...
(These buckets look kinda familiar...lol)
I came to my next destination,
Linzer Mariendom
(The New Cathedral).
I thought it was interesting to see
something like that in a cathedral,
but too bad the explanation
was only in German....
After visiting The New Cathedral,
I continued the sight-seeing
and the next destination
was OÖ Kulturquartier...
OÖ Kulturquartier is
actually a cultural center
which exhibits the art collection...
There are outdoor stairs
kind of thing
all around the building where the visitors can walk on.
Two blocks from OK
I saw this 'Kino' sign board.
I walked there
and encountered something that
I have been hearing about, but never seen before in my life.....
Although it was interesting,
I just had to continue my tour
because it was a lot more to see...
All of a sudden,
I ended up at
Landhaus Brücke...
This area has lots of
government offices...
then passed by the amazing
Mozarthaus and Kremsmünstererhaus
I came back to the Danube river
and walked across the bridge again
for photo taking at another side.
After that,
I went back to our hotel
and joined the local tour provided by Martin,
one of our Young Researcher Consortium chair.. 
We went from bar street
to catholic church,
Minoritenkirche...
Then lastly to the Art Museum,
Lentos Kunstmuseum Linz
before we headed to 
the gala dinner!
The next day,
which was also the last day of the conference...
I followed Martin's advice
and went to this Jindrak cafe...
I am sure they are pretty good in making cakes,
but the one and only that I wanted
was this Linz cake!
After buying a Linz cake that
weights approximately 3kg...
(YES it was heavy!)
I took my flight back from Linz
to Oslo,
with a transit stop at Frankfurt.

That's all for this Linz conference plus sight-seeing trip.
XOXO
-Bong-

No comments:

Post a Comment