Click it here!

Friday, September 22, 2023

23-09-2023 Bong & His Fall Update 2 - Part 3 of "our" Easter Trip 2023

My first 10 minutes coming out from the train
was just purely full of stress
and phobia....
(considering all that has happened to us with the backpack got stolen)
London is a much bigger city,
with more complicated public transport system,
LOTS of people,
and very often.
they have information/ announcement written on mobile white boards like this....
Another thing to keep in mind is that 
not all stations have 4G. 
So, make sure you complete your information search
before entering or going into "deep-down" stations without signal.
From St. Pancras,
I took Piccadilly line,
a deep-level London underground,
in a train like a tube packed with many people
(phobia AGAIN)
to come to Piccadilly Circus.
I stayed at this hotel,
Zedwell Piccadilly Circus,
with no window,
no chair & table...
Only a room with bed (left side to the room) ,
bathroom (right side)
and some space in the middle for putting luggage 
and a mirror...
but it was all I needed!
After resting for a bit,
I had to find some food to fill my empty stomach...
Since where I stayed was just 3 minutes
from Chinatown,
and I have been hearing about how great
and authentic the food one could get there,
so the choice was obvious.
BUT...
it wasn't that easy for me
as a lonely traveller to get a place to dine in.
There were long queues almost at all restaurants
**Probably because I only explored those in the main streets
in the first evening**
And they mostly only wanted to take groups,
as it was "easier", 
more reasonable and profitable
to take several customers
occupying one entire table.
I went into this Lotus Restaurant,
**there was almost no queue there so I tried my luck**
got a table for myself first,
and then the waiter placed
another lonely traveller sharing the table with me.
The food tasted great
and very authentic!!
I wouldn't say super big portion
or cheap (probably due to weak Norwegian Kroner)
The next day morning,
out from the hotel
went back to Chinatown again for my breakfast...
This time,
it was this name,
Far East Chinese that caught my attention!
Their pan-fried bao were
AMAZING!
But noodles were just so-so.
After taking the breakfast,
I went to my only planned sight-seeing for this trip,
the London bridge...
NOPE sorry is Tower bridge!!
**Many people did not know about this**
To go to Tower bridge,
I had to change from tube to another bigger type of underground,
then arrived at this stop named
Tower Hill!
The reason why I was only visiting Tower bridge is because
that was the only tourist thing Arne had done in London....
So I promised to do the same, 
so that we could explore all new things in London
when we go there next time....
There was this castle beside the bridge that
one had to pay to enter,
but sorry not my thing....
Stepping onto the Tower Bridge,
and crossing it
was really a special experience...
I was totally amazed by
its architecture that features
a combination of Victorian Gothic and modern engineering, 
creating a unique and iconic landmark.
All I could say it is was truly remarkable and awe-inspiring!
**This little blue door is actually elevator! lol
To be continued...
XOXO
-Bong-

No comments:

Post a Comment